OFFICE OF COUNCIL SERVICES
County of Maui
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 28, 2023
WE’RE HIRING: PROJECT ASSIGNMENT SPECIALIST
The Office of Council Services is recruiting for a full-time Project Assignment Specialist.
Who We Are:
The Office of Council Services provides administrative services to the Council Chair, the Councilmembers’ individual offices, and the Council’s residency area offices.
In the County’s legislative process, the role of OCS is to staff the County Council’s committees and provide objective assistance to individual Councilmembers.
The Project Assignment Specialist will be appointed by the Council for the 2023-2025 Council term by resolution and do not have permanent or civil service status. The term began at noon on January 2, 2023, and expires at noon on January 2, 2025. The Project Assignment Specialist may be reappointed by future Councils to additional terms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and assist with preparation of project assignments for Legislative Analysts, Legislative Attorneys, and other Office of Council Services staff.
- Log assignments into database and update information in database.
- Follow up on assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with transmittal of communications and documents for assignments.
- Assist with receipt of communications and documents for assignments.
- Close and archive assignments when completed.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and video conferencing platforms (ie. Microsoft Teams, BlueJeans, Zoom, etc.).
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to keep track of deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Previous Knowledge and Experience Preferred:
- Work for the County of Maui.
- Work for a legislative body.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
How to apply:
- Download the application form:
- Submit your completed application by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Please complete all sections of the application.
If you have questions or need more information on this position, please contact the Office of Council Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Traci Fujita, Director, at (808) 270-7838.
$37,922 – $60,776 annually, as established by Section 2.08.060, Maui County Code, depending on education and experience. The Council may assign staff to any step in the appropriate pay range.
All persons seeking employment with the Office of Council Services shall be citizens, nationals, or permanent resident aliens of the United States or eligible under Federal law for unrestricted employment in the United States at the time of their application for employment and shall become residents of the State within 30 days after beginning their employment and as a condition of eligibility for continued employment. Applicants must provide evidence verifying citizenship or alien registration status and employment authorization in the United States at the time of application.
The Office of Council Services and the Maui County Council do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, arrest and court record, assignment of child support, National Guard participation or any other basis covered by State or Federal laws governing nondiscrimination.