Budget, Finance, and Economic Development Committee (BFED)
Meeting agendas and documents
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Chair
- Tasha Kama, Vice-Chair
- Tom Cook, Voting Member
- Gabe Johnson, Voting Member
- Alice L. Lee, Voting Member
- Tamara Paltin, Voting Member
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Voting Member
- Shane M. Sinenci, Voting Member
- Nohelani U‘u-Hodgins, Voting Member
- Annual budget and budget amendments, including all appropriations, the capital program, bond authorizations, intergovernmental agreements with an impact on the annual budget, taxes, rates, fees, and assessments.
- Financial audits and the finance component of all County grants.
- Revisions and updates to Real Property Tax ordinances.
- Business and economic development issues.
- Review of the annual Audit Plan issued by the Office of the County Auditor and audit findings and recommendations in the County Auditor’s reports.
- Continued review and assessment of COVID-19 relief funding and programs while promoting assistance to individuals and businesses based on financial needs.
- Oversight of the Department of Finance, the Office of the County Auditor, the Office of Economic Development (except as it relates to energy and climate change), and the Community Development Block Grant Program.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective:
- Strengthen the Local Economy.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686