Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Session
The budget is the county’s financial plan for the upcoming fiscal year, from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024. It determines how each department will use funding to carry out duties and the level and type of rates and fees the county may collect throughout the fiscal year.
The Mayor’s Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Proposal includes the executive and legislative operating budget for the ensuing fiscal year and capital program. View the Operating and Capital Budget here.
How do you want your tax dollars spent?
Use the QR Code or visit https://communityfeedback.opengov.com/10818 to take a survey on how the budget should be prioritized.
Synopsis of the Mayor’s Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Proposal
Residency Area Meeting Schedule
Provide testimony at any of the following meetings, with all meetings to start at 6 p.m.:
- March 30, Lāhainā Civic Center, Social Hall, 1840 Honoapiʻilani Hwy, Lāhainā
- March 31, Mitchell Pauʻole Community Center, 90 Ainoa St., Molokai
- April 3, Pāʻia Community Center, Social Hall, 252 Hana Hwy., Pāʻia
- April 6, Hāna High and Elementary School Cafeteria, 4111 Hāna Hwy., Hāna
- April 10, Kīhei Community Center, Main Hall, 303 E. Līpoa St., Kīhei
- April 12, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Social Hall, 91 Pukalani St., Makawao
- April 13, Lānaʻi High and Elementary School Cafeteria, 555 Fraser Ave., Lānaʻi City
- April 14, Council Chamber, 7th floor, 200 South High St., Wailuku
PRESS RELEASE (March 21, 2023): Council tradition of evening budget meetings throughout the county to return starting March 30 | mauicounty.us.
Budget Discussion Schedule by Department (subject to change)
- April 3 – Finance (incl. Countywide Expenditures and Revenues), County Auditor, Corporation Counsel
- April 4 – Environmental Management, Wastewater & Solid Waste incl. EP&S, Liquor, Personnel
- April 5 – Transportation, Fire and Public Safety, Management, Agriculture
- April 6 – Parks and Recreation
- April 10 – Housing and Human Concerns, Prosecuting Attorney
- April 12 – Police, Water Supply
- April 14 – Planning
- April 17 – Public Works, Emergency Management Agency, Council Services, County Clerk
- April 18 – Office of the Mayor
Testimony will be accepted at any of the posted meetings in the Council Chambers throughout the deliberations and decision-making process. Each meeting agenda will be available at MauiCounty.us/agendas and testimony will also be accepted via eComment.
For tips, visit How To Testify.
For special accommodations during any of the meetings, please call 270-7838 at least three days in advance.