Water Authority, Social Services, and Parks Committee (WASSP)
Meeting agendas and documents
- Shane Sinenci, Chair
- Gabe Johnson, Vice-Chair
- Tom Cook, Voting Member
- Tasha Kama, Voting Member
- Alice L. Lee, Voting Member
- Tamara Paltin, Voting Member
- Keani Rawlins-Fernandez, Voting Member
- Shane Sinenci, Voting Member
- Yuki Lei Sugimura, Voting Member
- Nohelani Uʻu-Hodgins, Voting Member
- Social services programs, including those addressing houselessness.
- Animal management and related grants.
- Parks, recreation, leisure, cultural matters and related grants, including grants of interest in real property.
- Management and potential acquisition of public recreational lands, including parks, open spaces, natural and cultural resources, and scenic views preservation, including grants of real property.
- Authorization of concessions and permits for events and activities conducted at Maui County’s public parks and facilities.
- Community water authority updates, including information about water authority management and formation.
- Appointments to the East Maui Regional Community Board.
- Oversight of the Department of Parks and Recreation; the Human Concerns Division of the Department of Housing and Human Concerns through June 30, 2024; and, effectively July 1, 2024, the Department of Human Concerns.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objectives:
- Strengthen Social and Healthcare Services.
- Improve Parks and Public Facilities.
- Improve Education.