Government, Relations, Ethics, and Transparency Committee (GREAT)
Meeting agendas and documents
- Nohelani U‘u-Hodgins, Chair
- Tamara Paltin, Vice-Chair
- Tom Cook, Voting Member
- Gabe Johnson, Voting Member
- Tasha Kama, Voting Member
- Alice L. Lee, Voting Member
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Voting Member
- Shane M. Sinenci, Voting Member
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Voting Member
- Mayoral and Council appointments and removals requiring Council approval, including board and commission members and administrative heads of departments but excluding appointments to the Housing Advisory Board, the community plan advisory committees, and the East Maui Regional Community Board.
- Litigation matters, including appointment of special counsel, indemnification, and authorization of settlement.
- Government ethics and transparency.
- With Council authorization, conduct investigations of:
- the operation of any department or function of the County; and
- any subject over which the Council has legislative authority.
- Amendments to the Charter and oversight of implementing amendments passed in the previous election.
- Intergovernmental issues, including the Hawaiʻi State Association of Counties and non-fictional intergovernmental agreements.
- Oversight of the Office of the Mayor (except the Office of Economic Development, the Community Development Block Grant Program, and as it relates to energy and climate change), the Department of the Corporation Counsel, the Department of Management (except the Principal Archaeologist), the Office of Council Services, the Office of the County Clerk, the Department of Liquor Control, and the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney.
- Issues involving the responsibilities of two or more standing committees.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective:
- Strive for Good Governance.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686