Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Deliberations
for scheduled meetings and agendas
The Economic Development and Budget Committee will hold meetings through April 2020 on the Fiscal Year 2021 budget. Due to COVID-19 concerns, meetings will be conducted remotely via the BlueJeans video conferencing service.
You have the opportunity to provide testimony during the meetings by using the phone number or video link provided on the meeting agenda or below.
- To provide oral testimony via phone, please call 1-408-317-9253 and enter meeting code 597 785 199.
- To provide video testimony, please CLICK HERE to join the meeting. A new tab will open for the BlueJeans video conference site (it may take several seconds to load).
- You can provide written testimony by email to email@example.com.
- You can also watch live and archived video of the meetings on Akaku, Channel 53 or at MauiCounty.us/agendas.
Upcoming Budget Discussions
(subject to change)
- April 25 – reserved for deliberations
- April 27, 28, 29, 30 – corrections as needed
- April 29 – Public Hearing on real property tax rates (click here for agenda)
The Budget Ordinance is the county’s financial plan for the next fiscal year, which begins July 1, 2020 and ends June 30, 2021. It determines how much money each department receives to provide services such as fire and police protection, public transportation, and water and refuse collection.
It also determines how much money is collected from the public through taxes and fees, the amount of grant money offered to community organizations, and funding for capital improvement projects, such as road paving, park improvements, and water system upgrades.
The Mayor’s Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Proposal includes the executive and legislative operating budget and capital improvement program proposed for the fiscal year. Click here for pdf of Mayor’s proposed budget.
Office of Council Services
200 South High Street
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793