Economic Development, Energy, Agriculture, and Recreation
Jan. 16, 2017 – This committee is no longer active.
Economic Development, Energy, Agriculture, and Recreation Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 1:30 pm on the Tuesday prior to the third Friday of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Meeting agendas and documents
Items of interest:
- Maui County Planting Plan, Third Edition
- (Committee report) Bill 60 (2015): ROADSIDE STANDS AND FARMER’S MARKETS IN THE AGRICULTURAL DISTRICTS
- A BILL FOR AN ORDINANCE REPEALING CHAPTER 13.04, MAUl COUNTY CODE, AND ESTABLISHING A NEW CHAPTER 13.04A, MAUl COUNTY CODE, RELATING TO PARKS AND RECREATIONAL FACILITIES, AND AMENDING SECTION 6.04.090, MAUl COUNTY CODE,
RELATING TO ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS
- Don S. Guzman, Chair
- Elle Cochran, Vice-Chair
- Don Couch
- Stacy Crivello
- Riki Hokama
- Michael P. Victorino
- Mike White
- Gladys C. Baisa
- Robert Carroll
Economic Development, Energy, Agriculture, and Recreation Committee duties include reviewing and considering:
- Cultural, leisure, and recreational issues.
- Business and economic development issues, including agriculture.
- Energy issues (including solar, geothermal, wind, biomass, hydropower, wave energy production, bio-fuel and synthetic fuel production, power systems, and energy efficient technologies for buildings).
- Operations of the Department of Parks and Recreation (including concessions) and the Office of Economic Development, including the oversight of any grants they administer.
- Sharon Brooks, Legislative Attorney
- Greg Garneau, Legislative Attorney
- Pauline Martins, Committee Secretary
Committee email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686
To receive alerts on meeting agendas and legislation, see instructions here.
To select notifications from from a subscription list, please visit MauiCounty.us/subscribe.