Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs
Jan.16/17: This committee is no longer active.
Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Mondays prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Meeting agendas and documents
Item of interest:
8/7/16: Maui County Department of Fire and Public Safety Master Strategic Plan 2016-2020
2/11/15: BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS APPLICATION FORM
10/27/15 – PIA-54: ESTABLISHING A SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON COUNTY GOVERNANCE (Victorino)
10/8/2015 – PIA-54: ESTABLISHING A SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON COUNTY GOVERNANCE (White)
06/16/2015 – PIA-42: PRESENTATION ON PURCHASING CARDS (pCARDS) & PURCHASE ORDERS by Greg King, purchasing agent, County of Maui
- Michael P. Victorino, Chair
- Don Couch, Vice-Chair
- Gladys C. Baisa
- Robert Carroll
- Elle Cochran
- Stacy Crivello
- Don S. Guzman
- Riki Hokama
- Mike White
Policy and Intergovernmental Committee duties include reviewing and considering:
- Intergovernmental issues, including the Hawaii State Association of Counties.
- Appointments of executive branch officials, including boards and commissions.
- Issues involving the responsibilities of two or more standing committees.
- Operations of the Office of the County Clerk and the Office of Council Services.
- Operations of the Civil Defense Agency; the Department of the Corporation Counsel, including special counsel, indemnifications, settlements, and ethics regulations; the Department of Fire and Public Safety; the Department of Liquor Control; the Department of Management; the Department of Police; the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney; and the Office of the Mayor (except for the Office of Economic Development).
- Kimberley Willenbrink, Legislative Analyst
- Sharon Brooks, Legislative Attorney
- Tammy Frias, Committee Secretary
Committee email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686