Water and Infrastructure Committee (WAI)
Meeting agendas and documents
- Tom Cook, Chair
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Vice-Chair
- Gabe Johnson, Voting Member
- Tasha Kama, Voting Member
- Alice L. Lee, Voting Member
- Tamara Paltin, Voting Member
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Voting Member
- Shane M. Sinenci, Voting Member
- Nohelani U‘u-Hodgins, Voting Member
- All issues pertaining to water, excluding water for agricultural use.
- Amendments to and enforcement of the County Water Code, including the Water Use and Development Plan.
- Amendments to the Subdivision Ordinance, and Building and Construction Codes.
- County facilities construction and maintenance, including road, bridge, drainage, and waste-management systems.
- Traffic safety, bikeways, walkways, and complete streets.
- Traffic impact fees.
- Amendments to the Parking Code.
- Sea-level rise, shoreline erosion, managed retreat, deforestation, drought, wetlands, carbon emissions, pollution, and other related contributors to climate change.
- Oversight of the Department of Public Works, Department of Water Supply, Department of Environmental Management (excluding the Environmental Protection and Sustainability Division), the Water Authorities and Community Regional Boards, and the Maui Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective:
- Improve Physical Infrastructure.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686