Agriculture, Diversification, Environment, and Public Transportation Committee (ADEPT)
Meeting agendas and documents
- Gabe Johnson, Chair
- Shane M. Sinenci, Vice-Chair
- Tom Cook, Voting Member
- Alice L. Lee, Voting Member
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Voting Member
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Voting Member
- Nohelani Uʻu-Hodgins, Voting Member
- Tasha Kama, Non-Voting Member
- Tamara Paltin, Non-Voting Member
- Public transit and public interisland transportation within the County and within the State.
- Protection, preservation, and enhancement of the environment, including recycling, watersheds, and wetlands but excluding energy issues.
- Prevention of deforestation, drought, carbon emissions, pollution, and other related contributors to climate change.
- Ecology, including the relationships between animals, plants, and other living organisms with their physical surroundings.
- Conservation and protection of agricultural lands, promotion of diversified agriculture, increasing agricultural self-sufficiency, and assuring the availability of agriculturally suitable lands.
- Workforce development and economic diversification.
- Farm dwellings and agricultural water.
- Oversight of the Department of Agriculture, the Environmental Protection and Sustainability Division of the Department of Environmental Management, and the Department of Transportation.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objectives:
- Diversity Transportation Options.
- Protect the Natural Environment.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686